There are many reminders out there about how individuals can strive to be more environmentally friendly. Yet even though we may not realize it, businesses of all kinds are also creating a lot of waste. Every business, no matter how large or small, can do things to be more eco-friendly.
Beyond making sure that every business takes care of toxic waste in accordance with the law, here are five things you can do within your business right now to make it greener:
1. Set up recycling centers. If you are not offering recycling in your office you can easily set this up. Recycling such things as paper and ink cartridges can go a long way toward being more eco-friendly.
2. Create an office policy that all equipment must be shut off at the end of the day. Millions of businesses leave computers, copy machines, and lights on over night, just wasting resources. You will also see a drop on your monthly utility bills!
3. Reduce the amount of waste your office produces, especially where paper is concerned. Remind people to only print what is absolutely
necessary and to use both sides of the paper, if possible.
4. Buy recycled products when you make your office supply orders. Today you can find compostable pens, recycled copy paper, and more, all of which helps toward a cleaner planet.
5. When it comes time to do a junk removal, call us at Capital Junk. Whether you are relocating, cleaning out, or replacing older items, we can take the stuff off your hands and help keep it out of landfills by recycling or donating them.
Serving the entire Ottawa area, Capital Junk proudly assists smaller local businesses as well as large 10 story office buildings to remove unwanted junk, including old appliances, furniture, e-waste and more. They are committed to being environmentally responsible and work to keep as much of the items out of landfills that they can. And when you schedule your Ottawa area junk removal appointment online, you receive $10 off!