If you live in the Ottawa area, you already know that we have been trying our best to do our part in keeping items out of landfills. The more we can follow the principles of reduce, reuse and recycle, the better for our environment. Even so, we all end up with some types of unwanted junk at one time or another.
Whether it comes as a result of cleaning out the house, replacing old appliances, or clearing out the garage, you may still end up with unwanted household items that you don’t know what to do with.
Here are five things you can do with your unwanted junk:
• Freecyle. Have you heard of freecycle? It’s free to use, and all you have to do is sign up and send out a message to the group what you are offering for free. Just type in your city name and you will find an Ottawa area group. Remember, one man’s junk is another man’s treasure!
• Classified Ads. If it is something of value that you may be able to sell, try running a classified ad on Craigslist to see if you can find any takers. This is a FREE service!
• Donate. There are many thrift stores that will happily take unwanted household items, as well as clothing. Simply give them a call for their preferred donation times.
• Garage Sales. If you have enough items that you need to get rid of, you could hold a garage sale, or get in on one with a neighbor. Have some fun & make a few dollars too!
• Call Capital Junk. We specialize in the junk removal business, serving the entire Ottawa area. Plus, we have an environmentally friendly mission, keeping as much as possible out of landfills.
Whether it is old appliances, basement or garage cleanouts, or unwanted household junk we provide a quick and affordable service for having it removed and taken care of. Book your appointment today and we will arrive and handle all the work for you. Plus, if you book online, you can save $10.